web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Shine Unhappy

I really should know better, but I'm such a sucker for new hair products. A box called Shine Happy caught my eye. It promised to make hair shinier and silky textured with one application and would last four weeks. It also said that it would not alter hair color and was fine for all types of hair, whether natural or dyed. It was all lies.

My hair is less shiny than it was before and now looks and feels like straw. The product also stripped the color from my hair. My hair is now platinum blonde and I'm livid. If I wanted platinum blonde hair, I would color my hair platinum blonde.

It will take some work to get my hair back to the streaky mix of blonde shades I like, but it can be done. I don't know what I can do about the straw texture. It may just have to grow out. Grrrrr.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 11/19/2006 04:38:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I think it's time for a visit to a hair professional. I'm sure they could do something with the texture and color. I would hope, anyway.

Get your money back from those Shine Happy people. Even if you didn't pay much for it, they still need to know their product isn't as great as they think.

 
At 11/19/2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Don't be hard on yourself. Experimenting like you have in the past is what got your hair to look so wonderful in the first place. So it was just an unfortunate incident. But maybe you should have experimented with it first on just a small bit of hair. If that is possible. I guess you can tell that I'm not an expert on hair. :)

 
At 11/19/2006 02:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would let them know how disappointed you are with the product and ask for a refund. With this money, you need to buy a hot oil treatment for your hair!

 
At 11/19/2006 05:05:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Annette had a similar problem with a "deep conditioning product". Made her hair so greasy and rope like, she had to go to a professional to get it deep cleaned. She complained to the company, and they refunded the cost of the item, but not the salon visit. They know she will never but their product again. You should definitely complain to the company for the cost of the item plus repairs.

For the record, Annette is dictating this to me. As a macho man, I don't pay much attention to women's hair products.

 
At 11/20/2006 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, I have to do my own hair coloring. I'm the only one who knows which color goes where on my head.

Connie, I could write them and get my money back, but I would rather just blog about it and warn others. I already have the world's biggest collection of hair conditioning treatments, so I'll be going around with my hair wrapped in plastic wrap for awhile.

Alan, I bet that Clairol's Shine Happy would have removed all of the grease from Annette's hair, not to mention the shine and color.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home