web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Yin And Yang

Maybe there is something to this yin and yang thing. Our mean and nasty 500 pound lady finally left and was promptly replaced with one of the biggest bitches I've ever come across. At least the new bitch is slightly confused, so that management won't take her ridiculous complaints seriously.

She was upset that she had a 109 temperature and we were ignoring it. That was her systolic blood pressure, but she doesn't want to listen to explanations.

She refers to us as "you people" when talking to us, for example, "You people mistreat old people and you're not going to get away with it. I know a bigwig here and when she hears about you people you're going to be in big trouble." (This isn't an exact quote, I'm paraphrasing because I can't memorize long tirades.)

The old lady in the next bed called us angels. It's so strange that we are either labeled as angels or monsters depending on our patient assignment. Our behavior is the same, the only thing that changes is the patient.

The complaints go on endlessly and I'm so hoping that she heals quickly without complications. I want her out of here fast. I wonder what kind of nasty character will replace her.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 11:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just between you and me, i hope that when she gets discharged, she doesn't transfer to us :)

 
At 11/18/2006 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Dealing with the public can be a real pain. You seem to get the worst of worst.

 
At 11/18/2006 10:18:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

May, even if you don't get her, you will get someone like her. There are enough people like her to go around.

Alan, that's for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home