web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Recovering

The last few days I've been staying at my parent's house and haven't felt like blogging. It's been a difficult week, having lost sweet Murphy. The boys and I came home today and are having to adjust to an empty-feeling house.

Kelsey misses his best friend. He keeps pacing and going from stain to stain, sniffing Murphy scents. It is all so sad. After I pulled Murph from the pond, Kelsey frantically licked Murph's face for three hours. When I put Murph in his grave, Kelsey jumped in the hole and kept kissing Murphy. Murphy's grave is now covered with Kelsey paw prints.

There is a big clean-up ahead of me. Murphy bled from his nose and mouth as a result of the cancer and the blood is all over the house. The couch has been dragged outside and needs to be hauled away. I'm hoping that it doesn't get labeled as a biohazard.

The Pergo floors were ruined long ago from constantly being wet with pond water. When I get around to it, they will be replaced. I don't know if I can get the blood out of the carpet.

In a way, it's good that I have this project to keep me busy. It will help me stay in the present and not dwell on what has happened. For the first time, I'm looking forward to going to work. Even the worst day at work beats this kind of pain. Any distraction, even a sometimes bad one is welcome.

This will be my last sad post for awhile. I will be returning to my regular programming and catch up on everyone's blogs.

I appreciate so much everyone's kind thoughts over my loss. It has helped to know that so many people care. I'm lucky to have such good blogging friends.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 12/22/2006 01:35:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

xoxoxox

 
At 12/22/2006 12:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back. I hope you and Kelsey are feeling much better soon.

My advice for the carpet would be to hire someone to take care of it.

 
At 12/22/2006 04:00:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I'm wishing all the best for you. Any distraction will be good.

 
At 12/23/2006 12:16:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

So glad you are blessed with some strength to get through such a difficult time :o)

 
At 12/23/2006 03:59:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Hi Melissa, It's good to see you back in blog world once again. Wish you the best through these rough times.

 
At 12/23/2006 09:43:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Hang in there, kiddo. Sending a big hug your way :-)

 
At 12/24/2006 12:41:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, thanks.

Lisa, the big throw rug is now history. I'll think about getting someone to work on the stairs and bedroom.

Gary, you're right about distractions being good.

Michelle, thanks, I'm trying my best.

Alan, thanks, it's good to be back with my blogging family.

Karen, thanks for the hug.

 
At 12/28/2006 02:42:00 PM, Blogger gemmak said...

Hey...you are entitled to feel sad and if you need to write sad posts, if it helps spometimes then write them. I'm glad you have a project to help distract you a little though, it might help just a bit. *hugs*

 
At 12/29/2006 09:02:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Gemmak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home