web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

That Time Of Year, Again



As usual, I'm having trouble getting in the mood for Christmas. The climate doesn't help. It's sunny, sort of warm and the leaves on the few deciduous trees have just changed color. Christmas should be white, or at least dark and rainy. Sunny, green and golden just isn't natural.

This is the view across the street. It's just wrong. A tree with yellow, falling leaves should have pumpkins or Halloween decorations under it, not Mr. and Mrs. Claus and a snowman. I do appreciate their effort, though, and feel guilty that their view is of my dark home.

My sole goal this year is to get presents for people. Decorating and baking just isn't going to happen. With Murphy so sick, I don't have the time or energy to deal with anything else.

Shopping has been made easier by my gift corner. All year long, I buy presents and toss them in the gift corner. Today I went shopping in the gift corner and almost completed my Christmas shopping for friends and family. Tossing the gifts in gift bags took only a minute. A few cards with cash in them will complete the shopping. Cash is impersonal, but no one seems to mind it. Does it bother you to get money as a present?


~ Home

19 Comments:

At 12/12/2006 08:01:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Not at all!

I'll send you my mailing address.

 
At 12/12/2006 08:14:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, first you have to fix your blog. I've been trying for a couple of days to leave a comment and it won't let me.

 
At 12/12/2006 08:18:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I've always been a big fan of cash. It beats socks and sweaters! :)

 
At 12/12/2006 11:09:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

cash is good, my mom sends me cash

 
At 12/13/2006 01:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

send cash. i don't mind at all :)

 
At 12/13/2006 03:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never get cash, so cash would be great. lol

Sorry Murphy is feeling bad. Give him a big hug from me.

 
At 12/13/2006 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Hi Melissa, Please keep trying. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on. I haven't intentionally changed anything. Both my blogs seem to have the same problem. Hopefully it's a Blogger problem and will suddenly clear itself (it's happened before).

 
At 12/13/2006 01:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cash is always good. Sometimes I get gift certificates for my sister's kids from stores that I know they like.

 
At 12/13/2006 10:39:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, Connie, May, Madwag, Lisa and Alan, your checks are in the mail. :)

Alan, I've tried every choice of identity and I can't leave a comment. It won't even accept anonymous. I have old blogger. Any ideas?

 
At 12/14/2006 04:10:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

As best as I can tell from my test post, it seems to be a Beta Blogger vs Old Blogger issue. Are you able to comment on other Beta Blogger blogs?

 
At 12/14/2006 10:02:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, I can leave coments on other beta blogs, just not yours.

 
At 12/14/2006 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, I can't leave comments on your site, even as anonymous. I'm really growing to hate Beta Blogger.

 
At 12/14/2006 06:18:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

It's my impression that the old blogger is going to be phased out. Maybe it's time to join the crowd. I saved my templates to a local file, made the switch and then adjusted the templates as needed. Went fairly smooth and I had no problems doing the switch. Of course this is just one person's experience. I'm sure others have had problems. Maybe your good buddy Dave has some insights.

 
At 12/15/2006 12:30:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, I may have no choice. What I don't like about beta is that little security warning window that I have to hit "yes" to, three or four times for every comment I want to leave. Shouldn't once be sufficient?

 
At 12/15/2006 09:32:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Yes once should be enough. I've experienced the same annoyance.

 
At 12/15/2006 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Found this on the blogger status site. Funny stuff is definitely going on.

Logging in with an old Blogger account to post a comment on the new Blogger is giving a “please try again later” error. Until we fix this, it may work to log in first at http://www.blogger.com/login.g, and then go to the comments page on the new version of Blogger in beta. — latest update on Thursday, December 14, 2006

 
At 12/16/2006 08:31:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Sun and surf is all normal for here at Christmas time. I just can't imagine a cold Christmas :o)

 
At 12/17/2006 08:29:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Alan, I noticed when logging into your blog to comment that it claimed to allow either Blogger or Google IDs... without your specifying which is which! Since I have both Blogger and Google accounts, both using the same ID, but different passwords, I had a wee bit o' trouble logging in. It didn't take my Blogger password, but it did take my Google password. Google seems to be trying to assimilate Blogger and fold them in, but there's some resistance. :)

 
At 12/17/2006 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Hi Dave, (Hi Melissa, mind if Dave and I chat via your blog? :)) I haven't specified anything, all this funny stuff is being done by Blogger and Google. I'm guessing once they force everyone to Beta Blogger with Google accounts, things will smooth out. Would have been nice if they'd been up front about it and not caused all these headaches for everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home