web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Please Don't Do It

Yesterday's searches that led to my blog appeared to be the usual. It was just vagiana this and vagiana that, in fourteen different searches. Ho hum, but then one search jumped out at me. It was "how much ativan do I need to die". There is someone contemplating suicide out there and I don't know what to do.

I can't trace the source of the inquiry, I don't know what I could do if that person could be located and it has me upset. I wish that I could tell the person to talk to the doctor prescribing the ativan. Asking the doctor how much ativan it would take to kill you would get his attention fast and he would get you some help.

Does anyone have any suggestions?


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 12/04/2006 04:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IP addresses are annoying. They can tell you generally where they are connecting from or which ISP they are using, but frustratingly enough, they aren't terribly trackable.

One thing you could do is give the IP address to the ISP's abuse email address (abuse@cox.net, for example), tell them the situation and see if they do (or can do) anything about it.

Some ISPs have designated IP addresses. I would say if the IP address is designated, then they could check the person's account to see who it was.

May be a shot in the dark, but it's better than nothing.

I can help you, if you want.

 
At 12/04/2006 07:13:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

HHmmm, sounds like an attention seeker to me. If someone is really seriously considering suicide they would just take the pills, they certainly wouldn't be counting them out. I'm not being heartless, it just doesn't make the pyschological sense that comes with suicide.

 
At 12/04/2006 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

I don't think you can do much except what you have already done... maybe that person will go back to your blog and read it.

 
At 12/05/2006 01:35:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, the search is already gone from my page. I don't know the IP.

Michelle, I hope that you're right, but sometimes if a person is really serious, they will research the best way to commit suicide.

Madwag, I hope that person does come back. This is such a frustrating situation.

 
At 12/06/2006 03:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa,

Try using some of these webtools to track the visitor Webmaster Tools. The Domain check and Reverse IP address should be the ones to use. I hope you can help that visitor. You have a great site. Mine is Nurse Surveys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home