web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

My Life Sucks

Sometimes life just sucks. This is one of those times.

The first thing that happened was my realization that I'm being strung along by the guy I went out with a couple of weeks ago. He said that he would call me during Thanksgiving week to say hi and that the following week he would call again to set up a day to get together again. He even volunteered that we could take it slow. Two weeks have gone by and he never called. Apparently what he meant to say was that he wasn't interested in me, but rather than be honest and get it over with, he preferred to leave me hanging for a couple of weeks until I figured it out on my own. Or, perhaps he found some low-hanging fruit in the meantime. It's annoying, but not worth shedding tears over.

Next, Murphy is not doing well. I'm not sure if his quality of life is good enough. He's bleeding heavily from his nose and is getting weaker. I'm keeping him heavily medicated to keep him comfortable, but I can't be sure if he's suffering. Trying to decide if he should be put down is breaking my heart. He still has a voracious appetite, likes to take a walk everyday and hump my leg, so his life isn't completely awful. I honestly don't know what to do.

Lastly, as I was leaving for work today, my mom called and said that my dad is in the hospital. He was having cardiac arrythmias, had pneumonia and was coughing up blood. She called too late for me to call in sick, so I had to drive to work while sobbing and hyperventilating. Once I was able to talk to my dad on the phone I was better, but of course I'm worried sick. Tomorrow I can visit him and hopefully find out exactly what happened and how serious it is. In the meantime, my life so sucks.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 12/02/2006 05:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about all the gloomy things, coinciding with the southern california weather. i hope your dad is better when you see him.

as for the big time jerk who thinks lying is the next best thing to protect a woman's feeling, i hope he is unhappy.

 
At 12/02/2006 09:09:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Sorry to hear about these things.

As far as Murphy is concerned, you'll know when the time is right. We've both been there, and it does suck. Give him a hug for me.

I hope your dad is feeling much better by now. Keep us posted. I'm glad you can see him tomorrow.

About the guy... his loss.

 
At 12/02/2006 09:16:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Hi Melissa, Sorry to hear you're going through rough times. We also hope your dad gets better.

Sad to hear about Murphy as well. We had a similar experience with Spike, who we had for 12 years. Got to the point were he could barely eat and was leaving diarrhea spots all over. We made one last ditch effort and had the vet surgically take a look inside. At that point it was obvious nothing more could be done, and so we made the final decision knowing we had done everything possible.

Wish you the best. Alan

 
At 12/02/2006 09:56:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Hope your dad is better.

On the bright side of things, at least you found out what that guy is like BEFORE you wasted more time on him. I'm sure you will find someone much more to your liking.

 
At 12/02/2006 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Crossing all fingers and toes here and hoping really hard that your dad will be just fine.

Big hugs to Murph.

 
At 12/03/2006 08:43:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

May, thanks, I appreciate the sentiments, especially about the lier.

Lisa, I do hope that I know when the time is right. Last time, with another dog, I guessed wrong and he suffered.

Alan, I'm sorry about Spike. Dogs bring so much joy and then sorrow when they're gone.

Gary, I wish that I shared your optimism. Overall, I'm happiest when I don't date at all.

Karen, thanks. I appreciate the best wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home