web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Next Time, We're taking The Big Car


It's near the end of an era. Sarah has sold her house and is moving to Los Osos in central California. Don't you just hate it when a good friend decides to move away? It's cooler and moister there, so Sarah will be able to grow orchids and make soup year round. But first she's going to be busy painting.

The owner of her new house is an "artist" and painted every wall a different vile, vibrant color. If that wasn't enough, the carpet was pulled up and the concrete slab was painted bizarre clashing colors. This is not a Martha Stewart use of color.

I want Sarah to stay in her darling house nearby and remain available for lunch, shopping and hanging out with. That is selfish of me, but I don't care. I want Sarah here.

We went shopping and broke a major rule, we bought more than the car could hold. If we had taken either of our station wagons, there would have been no problem, but we took the little car with practically no trunk.


By putting the top down and piling stuff on top of Sarah, we managed the trip home. That's a wrought iron garden bench squishing Sarah. Oh, and by the way, I won the shopping contest. I managed to spend more than Sarah. I always win.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 3/17/2007 03:32:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Wow... that's a lot of stuff in one little car. why is sarah moving? Hopefully, it's for more than the opportunity to make soup every day. :)

 
At 3/17/2007 09:46:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Maybe you could visit her a lot if you had a helicopter. Just an idea. :)

 
At 3/18/2007 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, Sarah's reasons for moving are complicated. The esiest reasons to explain are orchids and soup.

Gary, I'm not sure the dogs would like riding in a helicopter, otherwise I would get one for sure. :)

 
At 3/18/2007 10:35:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Los Osos is beautiful. We've gone camping near there and a friend of ours got married in Montana de Oro State Park. You can stop in Solvang on the way to visit. :)

 
At 3/18/2007 04:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure the dogs would love the helicopter. :)

 
At 3/18/2007 07:33:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

It's sad when friends move away. I always try to stay in touch with old friends, but usually lose contact over time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home