web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Drinking From a Urinal

It didn't seem like that big of a deal to me. I don't know why everyone got so upset. All I did was leave a container of ice tea in the kitchen at work. So it was in a urinal bottle, what else was I supposed to do? The hospital ran out of water pitchers.

They are all nurses, you wouldn't think that everyone would freak out by the site of a tea colored beverage in a urinal. Okay, it was in the kitchen, but I need ice tea at work. It was the same thing all evening. Someone would go in the kitchen and stomp out and yell, who did this? I would reply that it was mine. They would look at me stunned as I explained what it was.

The next evening, we were still out of pitchers, so this time, I made tea in the kind of container that we use for measuring liquids, like urine, vomit and watery diarrhea. This time, no one minded. I don't get it. The urinal made more sense to me because at least it has a lid.

I think we should give all of the patients water in urinal bottles until we get pitchers. It makes more sense than giving each person half a dozen cups of water, which tend to result in nasty spills.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 1/16/2008 03:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent!

I've added "drink Ice tea from a urinal" to my to do list for tomorrow!!!

heheheh

 
At 1/16/2008 05:45:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I'm thinkin' bed pans would make good chili bowls.

 
At 1/16/2008 07:12:00 PM, Blogger My Heart On My Sleeve said...

I think a chainsaw would definitely fix the pitcher problem. Oh wait....Never mind.....wrong post.

Re this post: MWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That was a knee slapper!!

 
At 1/17/2008 09:01:00 AM, Blogger may said...

sorry, but i would cringe too. it's not about the urinal, because i know it's clean, it's in my head, those thoughts...:)

 
At 1/18/2008 05:04:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sean, let me know how it goes.

Alan, they also make good popcorn bowls.

My heart, you're so silly. Thanks. :)

May, I have to admit I'm much happier now that we have pitchers again.

 
At 1/20/2008 07:21:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm glad you have pitchers, too. :) It's a mind-over-matter sort of thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home