web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Whimpering Georgie

In the middle of the night, Georgie started whimpering. I petted him, thinking that perhaps he was just awake and lonely. As long as I petted him, he was quiet, but as soon as I stopped, the whimpering started again. It occurred to me that he had never done this before and perhaps he was sick. I decided to get up, turn on the lights and examine him, but first, I needed to go to the bathroom.

As I was walking to the bathroom, Georgie took off running down the stairs and went out the doggy door. A minute later, he was back in bed all snuggled up and ready to sleep. The whimpering had stopped. His only problem was that he needed to go to the bathroom and rather than go outside and take care of it, he preferred to whimper all night.

I do understand. There have been times I have suffered with a full bladder or been freezing cold and rather than get up and do something about it, I preferred to stay in bed and suffer. Dogs and people aren't all that different. No one likes getting out of bed on a cold night.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 1/04/2008 11:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, I understand too. Big *HUGS* to Georgie. Our dogs lately have been the same way with going outside when it is extremely cold (or if it is cold .. and raining). I can't blame them at all. ;)

 
At 1/05/2008 08:52:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Peeing vs Freezing. A long time dilemma for mankind. (Especially when camping below 40 degrees.)

 
At 1/05/2008 08:54:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Midnightbunny, Georgie got a big hug from you, but he probably thinks it was from me.

Alan, that is why zip lock bags were invented.

 
At 1/06/2008 05:33:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

I can really understand this one. I HATE going to the toilet at night... especially in the winter, I swear my bum may freeze to the seat someday. When I get up so does one or two cats and the dog... it is never a lonley thing to do at least.

 
At 1/07/2008 01:50:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, I always have an audience when I use the bathroom too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home