web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, January 07, 2008

My Grandmother's Coffee Table



Kelsey likes to stand with his hind legs on the couch and his front legs on the glass coffee table. He's been doing that for the last 6 years. Today, his luck ran out.

He wasn't injured in the crash and the dogs are so much happier now that they have more room to play on the carpet where the table used to be.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 1/07/2008 05:11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The noise must have scared him to death. Are you going to replace the glass? Seems a shame not to.

 
At 1/08/2008 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

Oh what a bummer! Glad he wasn't hurt...

 
At 1/09/2008 03:13:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm glad Kelsey is ok. If my dog had done that, she would have jumped 3 feet into the air and hid behind the couch for awhile.

I agree with Connie. The table base is beautiful. I would definitely replace the glass.

 
At 1/10/2008 01:35:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Connie, I probably will eventually replace the glass, but in the meantime it is something of a relief not to have to try and keep a glass table clean.

Madwag, yeah, it could have been worse.

Lisa, Kelsey wasn't scared at all. All of the dogs were eager to walk on the broken glass.

 
At 1/19/2008 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Well look at it this way, now you get to go buy a new one, if I could just get down there for a shopping trip. Maybe after the 1st, we'll have to talk. The other plus is you won't have glass to clean up after the next earthquake.
Also on the bright side it looks like that tree was growing too close to house foundation so it would have been a bigger, more expensive job down the line. The money you saved can go towards a new smaller non glass coffee table, or not:)

 
At 1/21/2008 10:09:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm actually so happy not struggling to clean that table all of the time, I'm not sure I want to replace it. It is nice that I got the earthquake clean-up done ahead of time. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home