web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Performance

So, this is the Beach Boys or what is left of them. Mike Love is front center and John Stamos is to his left. What? You didn't know that John Stamos is a Beach Boy? He didn't just play a musician on TV, he is a real one. And a good one and really hot and ...oh, don't get me started.


I don't know who else was there because they never introduced themselves. There were a total of three old guys who may or may not have been in the original group. Mike Love was the only one I recognized. A Fourth old guy came out and sang one song. He was good; they all were, but it's frustrating not knowing who they all were. The acoustics of the room were bad, but the band was true to their sound. The replacement musicians were a good vocal match for the missing members.







After the show, my friends took their daughter behind the stage to get autographs. I loaned them my pen.

A few minutes later they returned with autographs by Mike Love and John Stamos. I'm going to have to frame my pen. It doesn't seem right to treat it like an ordinary pen now.

My friends said that the Beach Boys were so nice and polite. Mike Love was a kind, grandfatherly type. The musicians even recognized their daughter as the little girl who slept through their performance. (It was no reflection on their performance. It was just past her bedtime.) I was a little surprised, though, that they could see us through the lights. They probably recognized Lindsay and me as being the people who came into their green room looking for a bathroom. And, instead of telling us to get out, they invited us in and showed us a short-cut. That's class.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 1/22/2008 08:12:00 PM, Blogger Mahala said...

I'm ashamed to admit that I would have been way more excited seeing John Stamos than the other guys. They're cool too, growing up ten minutes from the beach, the Beach Boys music is piped in to every restaurant and souvenier shop you enter.

 
At 1/23/2008 04:56:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Are those ear plugs in the picture? :)

 
At 1/24/2008 12:45:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Mahala, you're not alone. The attention whores in the audience who kept getting on the stage and pawing and dancing around the musicians were all more interested in John Stamos then any of the real Beach Boys. I can't really blame them, although I wish they would have stayed off the stage.

Dave, uh yeah, they are ear plugs. I didn't actually use them, but I like to be prepared. I don't like loud music. The volume was okay, though. The Beach Boys must understand that the old folks don't like to have their ear drums blasted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home