web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Woman Driver

Pulling out of a parking lot, I tried to accelerate, but something was wrong. Looking down, I saw that my car was in the wrong gear. Quickly, I stepped down on the clutch and moved the stick back into place. Suddenly, I was thrown forward as my car came to a complete stop. The car behind me almost rear-ended me.

That's when I remembered. I drive an automatic. My clutch foot had slammed down on the brake.

Today's ditsiness, I blame on work because they made me come to work seven hours earlier in the day than usual to attend a class. Why does everything have to be on day shift's schedule?


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 2/12/2008 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Mahala said...

Ouch. But you're okay right?

 
At 2/13/2008 12:00:00 AM, Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Having to come in seven hours early to attend a class hardly seems fair. It makes a practically unlivable day of it.

I'm so glad that you are alright and had no damages to the car, you, or the person behind you.

 
At 2/13/2008 03:51:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

If I'm understanding this correctly, working the day shift caused a shift in the way you shift your car?

 
At 2/13/2008 05:30:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

The Jeep is my day to day vehicle. When driving Annette's minivan I often subconsciencely step on the non-existant clutch or reach for the imaginary stick on the floor.

 
At 2/19/2008 01:34:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Mahala, physically I'm okay. Mentally it's a different story.

Zippinits, the schedule is unfair, but no one cares.

Connie, well put. :)

Alan, it's confusing to go back and forth between two types of cars.I haven't driven a shift in almost ten years. I don't know what my problem is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home