web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Where's The Sugar?

I may have committed a felony. Or, perhaps it was just a misdemeanor. Regardless, I broke the law. I took a test for my mom. She had to go to traffic school and one option, instead of class, was to take a test at home. She really should have chosen the class.

A few years ago, she would have gotten a hundred percent on a test like that, but now she couldn't do it. It wasn't for lack of trying. She spent countless hours working on it and even got up at 4 in the morning today to put some more time into it. Her mind just doesn't work like it used to.

Feeling a little resentful, I did the test for her. Considering all of the book reports and school projects my mom did for me over the years, I suppose it is only fair that I return the favor. I just hope that I got a passing grade.

Mom made sweet and sour chicken for dinner, only she forgot the sweet part. It was just chicken and vegetables in a vinegar sauce. I didn't say anything and was just grateful that the portion was small.

On the way home, I stopped at a frozen yogurt shop. I got my usual tart flavor, but they had made a mistake in making it. There was no sugar in it. Frozen yogurt is normally high in sugar and there is a good reason for that. It is amazing how bad it tastes without sugar. Again, I just ate it and didn't say anything.

Tonight, I am going to have a bowl of ice cream. I need it.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 3/23/2009 06:14:00 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

I tagged you in a Nursing post! Stop by and see my challenge!

 
At 3/26/2009 06:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

My blog is NurseReview.Org Nclex Study Materials and was wondering if we can exchange links. It will help increase our Pagerank as well as drive more traffic to both our site since we have the same niche.

Title: NurseReview.Org Nclex Review
URL: http://NurseReview.Org

If interested, please drop me a comment so that I can add your site as well. Dont forget to add my site first.

THanks,
Myk
Nclex Review Practice Test

 
At 3/27/2009 06:25:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Tiffany, thanks for the challenge, but I don't have anything good to say about my stethoscope. It is a heavy, worthless piece of junk. I wear it only because they make me. I use my hands to feel for chest congestion and breath sounds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home