web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Leaning Apple Tree


My house came with about 20 fruit trees, many of which were apple trees. I don't have anything against apples. I like them. Really, I do. But, I don't understand why someone would plant apple trees when they could have just as easily have planted peaches or apricots.

I didn't kill any fruit trees on purpose, but some are now firewood or compost. The holes have been filled in with more worthy fruit trees. (Okay, so I'm prejudiced.)

One of the 5 remaining apple trees is starting to lean precariously. I might be able to stake it with a lot of help, but if I do nothing and just wait, I'll have room for a nice apricot tree. What a quandary. What's the ethical thing to do?


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 7/31/2005 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Trim the tree :)

 
At 7/31/2005 03:19:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

No cherry? Cherry trees rock.

 
At 7/31/2005 05:02:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I can't trim the tree because all of the branches are on the leaning side of the tree. If I trimmed them there would be nothing left but a trunk. :)

I would LOVE to have cherry trees, but it doesn't get cold enough here. I have to get my cherries the old fashioned way, buy them.

 
At 8/01/2005 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Tati said...

Well, you can only eat so many apples, right? ;-)

 
At 8/01/2005 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

That's true and the apples from that tree also are not very good. All the more reason to plant an apricot tree.

 
At 8/02/2005 03:02:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

A money tree?

 
At 8/02/2005 09:59:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Tell me where I can buy one. Forget the stupid fruit trees, I want a money tree. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home