web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

The South View


This is the view to the south from my house. That's the Angeles National Forest in the background. What's funny is that the forest, at least this part, doesn't have any trees.

At the bottom of the hill from my house is the Santa Clara River. It doesn't have any water in it most of the time.

A forest without trees and a river without water, does that seem odd to anyone else?


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 7/31/2005 01:17:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Lovely view Melissa!

 
At 7/31/2005 09:48:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks. I just wish that it was as green as where you live.

 
At 7/31/2005 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

It is beautiful. Having lived in the high desert of CO, I don't find this strange at all (unless I'm driving on a bridge over a dry "riverbed", and then I giggle--"Sand Creek")

 
At 7/31/2005 05:08:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

My freeway offramp is Sand Canyon, and I drive over the "river" to get home. Whoever named the canyon should also have named the river. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home