web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Bloody Penis and an Argument

With eleven patients and five nurses, it was a challenge to keep ourselves entertained tonight. I checked the computer to see if anything was going on in ER, but there was nothing terribly exciting there either, except for a man who came in with a bloody penis. I don't know what happened to him. It did remind me of the patient I once had who developed an infection on his penis. It required multiple surgeries to scrape away the infected tissue. By the time that I took care of him, most of the head was gone. It was just a shaft with a little scrap of tissue from the head left. He was such a young guy. I never found out what happened to cause that.

On a totally unrelated note, there was an amusing (to me) argument. One of our nurses has one of those voices that carry. She can be heard in every square inch of our unit. So, she was talking with a patient and apparently, one of the visitors had heard enough. The visitor marched into the patient's room and said to the nurse, "You be quiet." And then pointing to the patient, she added, "and you too." The nurse yelled back, "This isn't your room. Get out." End of discussion.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 02:06:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I am so grossed out. How horrible!

 
At 8/19/2005 12:48:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I've never gotten over it. I sometimes think about him and wonder how he's doing

 
At 12/19/2005 10:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so very much for taking your time to create this very useful and informative blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home