web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Long Way Home

What is it with men and their GPS? Last night a friend and I were driving back from downtown LA when the freeway slowed down a bit. So what did he do? He took off down an offramp depositing us in a cruddy part of town. Soon, we were driving down little side streets past barred windows, graffiti and freaky looking people.

Using his GPS to navigate, he was looking at it instead of the road. I felt like screaming get the .... back on the freeway but I said nothing and just gritted my teeth. It took a half hour longer than usual to get home, plus I got the bonus of frayed nerves. Worst of all, I think that he got off of the freeway just so that he could play with his toy. (Note to guys: If you have an exhausted female companion in the car with you who is eager to get home, that is not a good time to play with your GPS.)


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 07:54:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm sure it will come in handy next time he has to navigate back from his space station:)

 
At 8/27/2005 08:02:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

If he can't find his way around town, what would he do with an eager female companion. They don't make a GPS for our gender :)

 
At 8/27/2005 09:31:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I guess that GPS is something that only guys can understand. I do just fine with maps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home