web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Not a Shrinking Violet


Orchids in bloom, live in my kitchen where they can be admired. Orchids out of bloom are moved to the loft, where most go to die. If they survive and bloom again, then they can come back to the kitchen. The orchid in the photo had been in my kitchen for a few months. A couple of weeks ago, the last flower fell off and it was moved upstairs. Today, I found three new flower stocks, so it's orchid moving day again. Some plants will do anything for attention.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 8/23/2005 03:10:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Lovely!

 
At 8/23/2005 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

It's not as nice as your orchids. I'm trying so hard not to be jealous of you. :)

 
At 8/23/2005 06:24:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yes, but look at your surroundings, it looks glorious outside, hills & mountains. Your orchid looks really healthy, trust me i have some keel over in the heat :(

 
At 8/25/2005 08:07:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

OK now I'm jealous, Michelle lives in Australia, how did you get to see her orchids? I want to see her orchids! I guess we should'nt feel bad if her's are nicer than ours because she lives at the beach so she has more humidity, and we are destined to walk around with our spray bottles all day trying to trick our orchids into thinking that they live at the beach. Wait, I want to live at the beach! Now I really am jealous! Hey Melissa I think I have an idea for our next vacation:)
I guess I shouldn't complain because I just got a 3rd bloom on one of my epidendroms and I have a lot of new growth on the chocolate scented oncidiums and one of the onci's in the bathroom is so happy is has 34 beautiful flowers all open right now!

 
At 8/25/2005 06:08:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, just click Michelle's name and you can visit her blog. You won't believe how pretty it is where Michelle lives. Forget visiting, I want to move there. :)

 
At 8/26/2005 04:48:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I took a quick peek and she seems like a realy nice, fun, person with quite varied interests. Her celebrity crushes are pretty good too except I don't know who Matthew Fox is, and I would add Marg Helgenberger and Mariska Hargitay because I am a CSI fan. I was afriad to look at the site to closely because just checking your site every day makes me late for work on a pretty regular basis now, and my evenings are devoted to the dogs, CSI and of course obsessive cleaning, rearranging and organizing things. There are only so many hours in the day! Maybe we could go visit her before we move there. I think we we should really kiss up too, because I think you need a resident sponsor to move there.

 
At 8/27/2005 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Not a bad idea to visit. Do you know that Michelle lives across the street from a breathtaking beach? Only movie stars can do that here and our beaches aren't as pretty.

 
At 8/27/2005 08:28:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

We could cash out our overpriced real estate and retire! Yipee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home