web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Crotch Bite and a Bad Night


Sweet, gentle Kelsey bit me on the upper, inner thigh because I had the gall to take the trash cans out to the curb. Usually he just bites the trash can wheels, but this time my leg got in the way.

The wound extends up into the area where the elastic from my panties crosses, so it hurts to wear panties and pants. I considered wearing a skirt without panties to work, but ruled it out only because I don't own a nursing skirt. :)

Every dressing I've tried pulls when I walk, but it hurts even more to have my clothes rub against the wound. So, I was miserable tonight.

At work, a staffing error was made, resulting in two of us having eleven patients, three of whom required almost one-to-one care. After about an hour of complaining, blaming, pleading and tears, we were given a couple of extra nurses.

As for the coffee grounds on the floor, counter and walls of our work kitchen, the cause is a mystery. I just know that I didn't do it. Now that the coffee filter holder has been on the floor, I don't think that I will ever drink work coffee again.

The only patient of note tonight, I never actually saw. He came into ER complaining of numb eyeballs. I'll say it for everyone, HUH?


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 8/19/2005 10:52:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Ouch!
Hope it heals soon!

 
At 8/20/2005 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

It's much better now, thank you. Although bloody, the wound wasn't deep and it no longer bothers me. Now, how do I fix my crazy dog? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home