web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Code Running

I was sitting at the nurse's station eating Fig Newtons when a code blue was called in ICU. Because it wasn't my unit, I kept eating the cookies. (That is the correct protocol, not the eating cookies part, but the staying put part.) The house supervisor ran past me on the way to the code, which amused me because of a conversation that I had earlier that night. A coworker told me a story of another house supervisor who was present when a code was called on the floor. She took off running for the bathroom and locked the door. Not until the code was over did she emerge from the bathroom. Now, it's possible that she suddenly, really had to go to the bathroom and need to stay there for 45 minutes, but what are the odds? At least the current supervisor ran in the correct direction.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 9/10/2005 09:50:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

She was in there having a panic attack! I guess she forgot her meds that night! I think they will make anyone house supervisor who is willing to work long hours and get yelled at constantly. What a crappy job, kind of like a meter maid only with better pay!

 
At 9/10/2005 09:54:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

This particular supervisor we dislike so much, it's hard not to take pleasure in her crisis. We love to hate her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home