web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Tharah and Melitha Go Thopping

Tharah thowed up at my houthe today mithing a front tooth and lithping. Sorry, I couldn't resist. The crown, or whatever it was that was attached to the nubbin of remaining tooth, came off when she was brushing her teeth this morning. Of course we're not going to let that spoil our day, so we went out with Sarah looking like she had been a bar fight or been raised by trailer trash. (Sarah's tooth was broken when she was 14 and went through the windshield of a car.)

Besides a nice lunch at the Elephant Bar, (Sarah had Chinese chicken salad and I had chicken lettuce wraps) we went to one of our favorite stores, BombayKIDS. I would buy out the entire girl half of the store, except for one minor detail. ALL of their stuff only comes in twin sizes. That's simply not right. I would like frilly, silly, beaded, ruffled, feathered stuff in my bedroom, too. Why should only little girls have fairy princess bedrooms?


After shopping and lunch, it was time to play with the dogs. In this shot, I'm wearing poor little Tom Tom like a shawl, while the other dogs look on. It's not easy being the littlest dog.

There are no pictures of Sarah due to her missing tooth, so it's just me and the dogs.

We finished the day with figs and Amber Weizen ale. Tomorrow, it's back to work for me. *sigh*


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 8/19/2005 08:51:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Melitha! Thanks for not posting any pics of me without the tooth. Everyone had a great time today and now they are sleeping all over the house. Also thank you for your patience while I gummed my salad to death for 2 hours! I have a dentist appt in the am and will back in top eating form by Sunday! I also wish Bombay kids had larger size bedding & furniture...I guess I could do my guest room in frilly pink & purple for the dogs! See you soon!

 
At 8/19/2005 09:27:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hey, Bombay people, if you're listening, grown women want your kid stuff too. Please make it in adult sizes, so that we can pretend to be princesses and live out some of our fantasies also. The bedding for adults is just so boring.

Sarah, I enjoyed watching you try to eat. Sorry, I kept laughing. I'm too easily amused. (I wish that I could get my boys to settle down, they still feel like playing.)

 
At 8/21/2005 12:12:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Only three of them are mine. The other four belong to Sarah. Don't tell anyone that she's breaking the law. :)

 
At 8/24/2005 06:23:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I am not a criminal! Only 3 of those dogs are really mine, the lab I have shared custody of, and he is licensed at another address:)

 
At 8/24/2005 08:25:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I stand corrected. :)

 
At 8/25/2005 08:21:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thank goodness! You know if they take me to jail for having too many dogs you are really gonna be in trouble! You would end up having 6 dogs and the police would be coming for you next!

 
At 8/26/2005 12:22:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Wouldn't I actually have 7 dogs? ;)

 
At 8/27/2005 05:19:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Only if you got Jesse too. Since I really only have shared custody of him you'd probably have to put up a fight if you wanted to get him too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home