web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Shower Mix-Up

Pantene is one of my favorite hair conditioners, but lately it has made my hair feel like straw. And, combing the tangles out of my wet hair has been a nightmare. I just figured out what happened.

I need reading glasses to read, but in the shower, it's just not convenient to wear glasses. The brand names on the bottles are nice and big, so I can tell what brand I'm using, but I can't read the print that says whether the product is shampoo or conditioner. I've organized the bottles so that shampoo is on the left and conditioner is on the right. But, some time back, I must have made a mistake and put the shampoo in the conditioner section.

Today in the shower, one of my contacts slipped out of place, allowing me to read what the product was. (I can read just fine without my contacts.) The mystery was solved. It would be nice if manufacturers put what the product is in as big of print as the product name. Or, someone needs to invent shower glasses.


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 8/20/2005 04:06:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

SShhh, your not the only one that this has happened to!

 
At 8/20/2005 05:40:00 PM, Blogger gemmak said...

No, you certainly aren't the only one...I have long wished for 'without specs' print on bottles in the shower to save me fumbling stupidly! Lol.

 
At 8/21/2005 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Isn't it amazing how much better products work when used for their intended purpose? :)

 
At 8/24/2005 06:18:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Note for the blondes: The conditioner is the slippery one that does not lather and leaves your hair feeling soft. If that doesn't help you could try using a different conditioner so the bottle will be different. If all else fails there is always the magic marker!
signed the brown (sometimes the red)

 
At 8/24/2005 07:48:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I have an even better idea. How about if you come over and organize my 50 or so bottles of hair stuff? It would be fun. Our dogs could play, I could take a nap and you could work. :)

 
At 8/25/2005 08:18:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! I don't know if I should arrange them alphabetically, by color, or by the size of the bottle! Maybe in color groupings by size would be best, or maybe all the shampoos in one section, all the cinditioners, together and all the body washes...I'm sorry I have to go take a xanax now, I'm starting to have a panic attack just thinking about all those unorganized bottles!

 
At 8/26/2005 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

You just gave me an idea for a new post. Be prepared. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home