web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Chocolate, Fish and a Flirt

It's not a good idea for a nurse to eat chocolate while driving to work, especially when wearing lavender. Chocolate is not what most people think of when they see brown stains on a nurse's uniform. And, of course, I managed to get several chocolate spots on my clothes.

One of the nurses made a fish run to the market across the street. (I'm saving the topic of fish runs for a future blog.) On the way out she asked if we would like anything. Yes, we did and it did not involve fish. We wanted chocolate bars. The fish market selection was limited, so we all ended up with Mars bars, which was fine. The only problem was, they didn't quite taste right. I don't know if they were old or if the fish odors made their way over to the candy bar section, but something just wasn't quite right. Perhaps it's not a god idea to buy chocolate from an Asian fish market.

Lastly, one of my patients tonight was actually alert and oriented, not to mention single and about my age. He was also quite flirtatious. When his ex-wife came to visit, I figured that he would cool off, but nothing changed. While she sat on the bed and massaged his feet, he held my wrist and admired my pink watch. I told our secretary about this and she glared over her glasses and said, "He's a pig. If he would treat his ex-wife with such disrespect, why do you think that he would treat you any different?" I can't argue with her logic. Darn.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 8/22/2005 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Chocolate from the fish market? That sounds bad. Ugh. ;-)
And that secretary was right about that patient!

 
At 8/23/2005 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

You're right on both counts.

 
At 8/23/2005 03:12:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL, the secretary sounds hilarious!

 
At 8/23/2005 11:01:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

She really tells it like it is. I always go to her for advice or if I just need to vent. She has a lot of street-smart common sense. And, I usually come away laughing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home