web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Panties on the Lawn

Whenever I'm missing things like socks, underwear or pillows, I know exactly where to look. They will be on the lawn. It's one of Murphy's quirks that he takes stuff outside and leaves it.

Once, when he was a puppy, all of my shoes were missing from the closet. I found them on the lawn, all 30 or so pairs. It must have taken him forever to keep going up and down the stairs and taking each shoe, one by one, outside.

The worst thing that he did happened on gardener day. I found a pile of my panties on the patio table. Murphy didn't leave the panties on the table, the gardeners did. They must have found them on the lawn, picked them up and left them on the table for me. I could have died.

Today is just a typical day, there were 5 pillows and one sock on the lawn this morning. Because of this, I'm careful how I decorate. I only buy pillows in dirt colors.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 8/21/2005 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Grin. This post brings back memories. Panties was a favorite of Tobi to deposit on the front lawn as well, when he was a puppy. Thank goodness he doesn't anymore :-)

 
At 8/21/2005 10:54:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Omg, the front lawn! That's much worse. :)

 
At 8/24/2005 06:12:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow it never occured to me but when I swim I always take my suit off outside and hang it over the chairs to dry! My gardeners must think there are some real parties going on here!

 
At 8/24/2005 07:39:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

You take your bathing suit off outside? What do the dogs think?

 
At 8/25/2005 07:40:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I am just wondering what the gardeners things of your fancy and wild lifestyle. But I guess it is better than them taking the panties with them, right?

 
At 8/26/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Maybe they did. If I were missing a few pairs, I would never miss them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home