web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Dinner for Breakfast


On days that I work, my meal schedule gets all turned around. I'll have tea and fruit when I wake up around 10 or 11 and then before I know it, it's time for dinner. Even though I eat around noon time, I call it dinner because it's the biggest meal of the day. It has to be big because at best, I won't get to eat again until 8 or 9 at night. If I'm unlucky, my next meal will be after midnight.

A big salad is just about the last thing that I feel like eating for breakfast, but it's either eat it then or not at all. It's too hard to pack to take to work and there simply isn't enough time to eat it there, anyway. I call my evening meal lunch and it consists of a sandwich and fruit.

My last of the meal before I go to bed is chocolate. I need something to look forward to.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 8/21/2005 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

That looks delicous! Nearly dinner time here so i am hungry!

 
At 8/22/2005 12:12:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

It is good, I just wish that I could eat it later in the day (and with a glass of wine).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home