web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

David's Not Here

A coworker needed help changing the sheets under a patient. As I entered the room, she told me, "You're his daughter. You're name is Ronnie." I knew what she was trying to do. The patient had already been yelling for hours for David, his son, and she was was hoping to fool him into thinking that his daughter was there instead. He was crazy, but he was not stupid. He looked at my coworker like she was crazy for saying that I was his daughter. And, he continued to yell for what seemed like forever. This is an excerpt of what everyone had to listen to: "David! I'm upstairs. Come up here and get me out of here. Help! David! I'm upstairs, please. What are you doing? Come up here. David!" I was really starting to wish that we could give him some pillow therapy.

In the ER there was a patient with the complaint that she was "stressed out from work." That was it. It never would have occurred to me to go to the hospital for that, I leave the hospital to escape from being stressed out from work.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 8/23/2005 12:46:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I'm stressed out from work, too, but a hospital would just make that worse. I'd never go to a hospital for stress relief. Isn't that what strip joints are for?

Tell the woman to have some chocolate and go shopping. ;)

 
At 8/23/2005 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Yeah, chocolate and shopping works for most women, especially me. ;)

She spent over 10 hours in ER. I wonder what her stress level was like after all of that, unless they gave her the good stuff. :)

 
At 9/10/2005 09:34:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

dk, you are OK in my book! You must shop first because once you leave the strip club your money is all gone, now if we could only get them to serve dark chocolate and decent beer...

 
At 9/10/2005 09:51:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, most strip joints are intended for men not women customers. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home