web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Where Would he put a Belly Button Ring?

Overheard conversation between a nurse and her patient:

"Where's your belly button?," asked the nurse.

The patient replied, "I don't have one."

"What happened to it?"

"I don't know. I just don't have one."

(Sorry. I wish that I could have gotten a picture.)


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 8/23/2005 12:30:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Every day, God goes to each of the babies about to be born, pokes his finger in their belly and says, "You're done!"

I guess that patient was born before he was done. ;)

 
At 8/23/2005 01:12:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

That is too funny! I also got the email telling me there was a comment. Thanks again for the help. :)

 
At 8/23/2005 06:22:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL, i still want to know if he had one!

 
At 8/23/2005 10:07:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

He HAD to have one, didn't he?!?
There is no such thing as not having one, is there???

 
At 8/24/2005 12:02:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

He really didn't have a belly button. Maybe he healed really well as a baby. I don't know.

 
At 8/25/2005 07:38:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Maybe he was a clone. Hmmm. Or it was the Matrix.

 
At 8/26/2005 12:08:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Or maybe he was some kind of extra-terrestial being who was grown from a pod.

 
At 9/10/2005 09:47:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

OK, we know the blood and nutrient supply gets to the fetus through the umbilical cord so there had to be one, maybe his was just not in the usual spot, pretty rare though!

 
At 9/10/2005 09:49:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I assume that he had an umbilical cord, but it probably healed well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home