web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Flying Blood

I was having a hard time disconnecting some blood tubing. I was using all of my strength when suddenly the connection gave way, sending a spray of blood down my front, over my shoulder, across the floor and against the wall. One tiny droplet hit my eyelid. It was Red Cross blood, so
hopefully it was more or less screened.
















~ Home

2 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 05:37:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

LMAO at the thought of you taking your camera to work to photo all the stuff that you do. The image of you doing that is just hitting me now and I'm cracking up. I'm glad you find your job so "amusing" (albeit messy) at times, Melissa. Your readers appreciate your day to day account of the gore, er, I mean humor. LOL

 
At 11/03/2005 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

My camera is always in my pocket ready to record all of my misadventures. I try very hard to take pictures without anyone noticing, but sometimes I get caught. I feel like a spy sometimes.

I'm also glad that I often find my job to be amusing. While everyone around me is angry, I'm often doubled over with laughter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home