web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Drugs In The Workplace

All of my coworkers are drug users. As soon as they arrive for work, they start downing coffee and keep it up late into the evening. No wonder everyone complains about not being able to sleep at night.

I'm a drug user too, but I prefer downers. Chamomile is my drug of choice. It may seem strange to start out my shift with a cup of Sweet Dreams tea, but the last thing I need is to feel hyper. I want something to calm me and put me in a zombie-like state, so that I can better withstand stress. And, unlike my coworkers, I have no trouble falling asleep at night.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 11/29/2005 06:14:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Twice now I've left a comment here and it didn't show up. Are you moderating them, or is it just Blogger up to its usual shenanigans?

I like the new sidebar arrangement. ;)

 
At 11/29/2005 06:49:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm sorry about the lost comments. I hate it when that happens to me. No, I'm not moderating comments. I want to encourage them, not block them, except for spam. (My word verification test for this comment is FKXFUCKC. Shouldn't they screen their screen better? :))

The sidebar is much better that way don't you think? ;)

Thanks for the suggestions. I hope that I remembered them correctly. My mail got erased again and so I was relying upon my Swiss cheese like memory. (full of holes)

Design-a-Blog is the best. They made the changes free of charge.

 
At 11/29/2005 07:23:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

So long as it doesn't have poppy seeds, you are good to go!

 
At 11/29/2005 07:37:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lets see, heroin comes from poppies and heroin is a downer. Is it just the sap that's a downer or are the seeds too? If a person has poppyseed cake with coffee, do they cancel each other out? Would the cake alone put me in a coma? Do I dare test it? Why can't I stop asking silly questions?

 
At 11/29/2005 09:49:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I have coffee running through my veins like an intravenous drip. Fortunately it never keeps me awake, i could sleep in the middle of a basketball game!

 
At 11/30/2005 08:02:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

The poppy seeds alone should have no affect on you, however they can cause a false positive for opiates on a drug screening...so no lemon poppyseed muffins 24 hours before a job interview;)

 
At 12/01/2005 01:03:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, it sounds like you need to get more sleep at night. :)

Sarah, is 24 hours enough?

 
At 12/01/2005 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

That's what the tall one told me, and he should know.

 
At 12/01/2005 11:51:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I guess he would.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home