web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Purse

Stupid Blonde. Today, I was doing some Christmas shopping and I had my arms loaded with stuff. I wanted to try on some jackets, so I set everything down. (The jackets weren't for me, OKAY?)

When I was done, I loaded my arms back up and went to the checkstand. The line was long and when I finally got to the front of the line, I realized that my purse was missing. A shot of fear raced through me. I figured that I forgot to pick it back up after trying on the jackets.

I went back to the jacket section and it wasn't there. Trying not to panic, I started re-tracing my steps through the store. It was gone.

My primary concern was how I was going to get home. The store was not within walking distance and even if I knew how to get home by bus, I had no money. I didn't want to call my parents, because grown women shouldn't be doing that and my friends were at work.

I went to the front desk and asked if they had a lost and found. They had one, but no purses were in it. They suggested that I look in the trash can in the bathroom. I didn't know where it was, so one of the employees started to take me there when we ran into the store manager. Hearing my story, she looked down and asked me if that was my purse. It was resting on a big box of shoes. I forgot that I had been trying on shoes and had set my purse down. (Okay, the shoes were for me.)

Driving home it occurred to me that I have a car key hidden on the outside of the car for such blonde moments. But the problem with that is I have to remember that there is a hidden key. For a stupid blonde like me that is too much to expect.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 11/29/2005 07:23:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oh hey, that isn't blond. That was shoe shopping daze and your hands full. Totally understandable :)

 
At 11/29/2005 07:41:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm glad that someone understands. Even the store employees were looking at me like I had lost my mind when I said that I had set my purse down.

 
At 11/29/2005 09:51:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oooo, that's a scary feeling when you realise no purse. I've done that myself a number of times. So glad you got it back in one piece :)

 
At 11/29/2005 11:39:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Say, do you remember that $200 you owe me...? ;)

 
At 11/30/2005 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Note to self: Remember not to let Melissa carry anything for you in Ireland.

 
At 11/30/2005 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, thanks, I'm glad too.

Dave, how can I repay you when you reject my donations? ;)

Sarah, how about if you carry my stuff too?

 
At 11/30/2005 07:57:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

That depends on whether the shopping gods are smiling upon you during the trip. I don't want to throw my back out should you decide to buy full sets of china and bagpipes for all of your friends back home:)

 
At 12/01/2005 01:01:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I was going to buy Waterford. Do you think that you could manage that. :)

 
At 12/01/2005 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thankfully the new purple luggage has wheels:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home