web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Cookie Time

I made cookies! To save time, I made three kinds all at once. I lined up three bowls and assembly line fashion, began dumping ingredients in the bowls. It sounds like a recipe for disaster, but I didn't get the bowls or the recipes mixed up. I must have forgot that I'm blonde. The only thing that slowed me down was oven capacity, but I have a lot of cookie sheets, so I just had trays of cookies waiting to be baked. Baking is the easy part and the oven is just a few feet from my computer, so it was convenient.
This is the finished product, gingerbread cookies, Russian tea cakes and chocolate drops. I cook only with unsalted butter, never margarine, oil or shortening, regardless of what the recipe calls for and the results are worth it. I know that it's in poor taste to say so, but they are really good.

I have bags of cookies in my freezer, so feel welcome to come over and have some. There's plenty for everyone.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 12/18/2005 01:43:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I will be looking forward to those on Friday, but where's my fudge!!

 
At 12/18/2005 02:29:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Very yummy. I wish I could come right over!

 
At 12/18/2005 07:52:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Yum! They look good. I got all Martha Stewardy (?) today also and made something called Pomanders (my Mothers used to make them) and persimmon cookies with raisens, walnuts and chocolate chips. Tomorrow my daughter is making a candy that has white chocolate and peanut butter and mini marshmallows in it. Ah, tis the season.

 
At 12/18/2005 08:32:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, I'm still considering whether to make the fudge, you know that it's about 1,000 calories a square inch and I can't stop eating it. It's not safe to have something like that around.

R2Ks, you also don't eat butter or eggs. Your cholesterol level must be a minus number.

Lisa, there are no cherries in mine, but my grandmother used to sometimes put cherries on top to decorate them. Or was that the divinity? I'm not sure. Something white got decorated with cherries.

Irene, My grandmother used to make persimmon cookies that had raisins and spice. I loved them. The peanut butter candy also sounds so yummy. Now I want to make peanut butter fudge.

 
At 12/18/2005 11:20:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

My mother used to put pomanders in my hair when I was young.

Wait, I think that was Pomade. Never mind!

 
At 12/19/2005 04:46:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yum, shall i bring the coffee?

 
At 12/19/2005 09:34:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I want Fudge!

 
At 12/19/2005 03:56:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, now that you're grown up, you can put pomanders in your hair if you want to and no one can do anthing about it.

Michelle, I've got a better idea. How about if I pack the cookies and come spend the weekend at your house?

Sarah, okay, okay, okay. I bought the ingredients for fudge. (What's wrong with the grocery store? Why did they put the evaporated milk in the canned pumpkin section when everyone knows it belongs with the dried milk, which is next to the chocolate section?) I'll bring it on Friday, along with the cookies, if there are any left.

 
At 12/20/2005 08:35:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yippee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home