web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Misadventurous Sarah


My friend Sarah chose a dark, cold night to hang Christmas lights from her roof. She knows that she and ladders are not a good combination. Several months ago she fell off of one and cracked some ribs, but with unstoppable determination she decided to climb a ladder again.

This wasn't an ordinary ladder. This ladder was expandable to three stories and weighed so much that it broke the tiles on Sarah's roof or maybe Sarah broke the tiles herself when the predictable happened. The ladder began to sway and she managed to scamper on to the roof just before the ladder crashed to the ground.

Sarah then found herself stranded on her roof on a cold, dark night. A friend was in the house, but was busy doing other things and was unaware of Sarah's predicament. Sarah began jumping on the roof which got all five dogs barking, but dogs often bark. She remained freezing cold on the roof with no one coming to the rescue. There is a difference of opinion how long Sarah was on the roof, but I'm sure that it felt like an eternity to her.

So Sarah, I have two things to say:

1) Get your own blog, so that you can tell people about your misadventures. (Your telling of the story was funnier than mine.)

2) Stay off of ladders!


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 12/18/2005 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You forgot the part about my butt turning into a giant fatsicle stuck to the roof:)

 
At 12/18/2005 02:30:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oh poor Sarah! That is so scary. I'm glad she's ok. Yeah, she needs a blog.

 
At 12/18/2005 11:21:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Hope you're feeling better, Sarah. Next time, dress like Santa. ;)

 
At 12/19/2005 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks, I feel fine now that my frozen buttsicle has thawed, and I didn't fall this time, that was last year. I guess it would have been safer to wear the santa ballgown (and definently warmer than my work scrubs) but it's at the cleaners for the big nite!

 
At 12/19/2005 04:15:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I'll the flue in my chimney open. ;)

 
At 12/19/2005 06:13:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

So Dave, have you been a good boy this year? Santa Sarah only visits "good" boys. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home