web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Crazy Dog

His name was Fergus on the day my parents met him. I proudly told my parents his name and was met by silence. My mom asked if that was his final name. It was, but I answered no. I added that yesterday his name was Georgie. More silence. I said that I was also considering the names Tylor, Sasha and Misha. My mom said that she liked Tylor, so that is how Fergus got renamed Tylor.

I know that he's my dog and I can name him anything I want, but I would prefer to have a name that other people find pleasing also. Usually I call him just Ty or Ty Ty, which could get to be confusing because that is what my mom calls me. I don't know why.

I'm starting to wonder if Ty has a death wish. He likes to sneak up on big dogs and attack. It's totally unprovoked. He's so tiny, he can't do any harm, but big dogs don't like this and retaliate. The big dogs he knows wouldn't kill on purpose, but it wouldn't take much to harm the little fluff ball. Training him to stop this suicidal behavior is my biggest priority right now.






I'm on vacation for the next two weeks and am especially happy because I have lots of stuff to shop for. I love to shop and hate it when I can't think of anything to buy. It was time to redecorate the living room for Fall, so I got new rugs, pillows, candles and wall stuff. It's all pumpkin, nutmeg and gold colors which looks good at night and on rainy days, but feels too cozy on the usual warm, sunny days.

I also need something to put the new TV on. I got the TV for my bedroom, but it's too big for its corner. It doesn't work on the little dresser that the old TV sat on and it partially blocks my access to the closet. I could move the TV downstairs and buy a smaller TV for the bedroom, but I rarely watch TV downstairs. It makes more sense for the best TV to be upstairs, even if it does block my closet.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 9/25/2007 03:19:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I need a few things while you're out. :)

Tylor is cute. I had a cocker once. They do seem to have a death wish in that way. Good luck with the training.

 
At 9/25/2007 06:20:00 AM, Blogger Mahala said...

Yeah, could you pick up a few things for me as well? :)

 
At 9/27/2007 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa and Mahala, I'll be glad to shop for you, but you will have to come here to pick up your stuff. I don't deliver. :)

 
At 9/27/2007 11:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love fall colors - it's how we decorated most of the house. You'll have to post some pics.

 
At 9/27/2007 06:02:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

You first. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home