web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Taking a Break

In the middle of the night, I was jolted awake by a loud crash downstairs. I did a quick count and all four dogs were in the bed. I was scared; they were scared and we all remained silent, watching the bedroom doorway. What's wrong with this picture?

One would think that with four dogs, one of them would have stepped up to the plate and done something. Barking would have been a good start. Going downstairs to investigate would have been nice too. Instead, they expected me to protect them. We waited, but there was just silence.

Earlier that day, I had thrown out the box the new TV came in. Perhaps, someone driving by had seen the box and wanted to break in and get the TV. That thought was especially scary because the TV is in my bedroom. Burglars can take anything they want, but I really don't want anyone coming in my bedroom if that is where I'm hiding.

After awhile, I fell asleep. The next morning I found a large painting on the floor. It fell off the wall, hit the piano and then the wood floor. I had hung it a couple of days ago and the nail wasn't strong enough to hold it.




I'm leaving for Hawaii and will not be near a computer. I'll be back in a week. Aloha.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 9/28/2007 03:38:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Most dogs would howl up a storm I would think.

Aloha. Enjoy the islands! Be sure to collect plently of blog fodder.

 
At 9/29/2007 06:42:00 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

They are good watch dogs. They watched!

Have a safe and fun trip.

 
At 9/30/2007 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hope you had fun!

 
At 10/01/2007 06:27:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

my dogs would have gone mental.... yep... I said dogs... check out my blog. have a wonderful holiday btw.

 
At 10/01/2007 10:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time. Have you ever been to HI before? Who watches your dogs while you are gone?

 
At 10/05/2007 07:41:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, I guess my dogs are special.


Granny, but they didn't even watch, they just listened. :)

Lisa, I did. :)

Madwag, congrats on the new dog. One is not enough.

Connie, I think this was my sixth trip. My parents take care of my dogs. They seemed especially happy to give them back to me this time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home