web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Too Much Stuff

I lost my blouse and bra. The last time I remembered seeing them was in a parking lot. (I had just bought them; I wasn't wearing them.) It wasn't until later that night when I was packing my suitcase that I discovered they were missing. I searched the car, the route from the garage into the house and every room of my house. I even looked in the refrigerator. I'm blond; there's no telling what I did with them.

I figured I either dropped the bag in the parking lot or someone grabbed the bag out of my car. I sometimes forget to lock it, but it made no sense why someone would take only that one bag when the car was filled with shopping bags.

I also bought a new TV table. It's not meant to be a TV table; I think it's really a curio cabinet, but it works and it's pretty. The only bad thing is that instead of being filled with little figurines, it is filled with boxes and cords. Technology is great, but it is ugly and is best kept hidden, kind of like certain private parts.

It was a bitch getting the cabinet out of my car and up the stairs. With all of the glass, one little slip would have been disastrous, but I was successful.

One good thing happened when I was pulling the cabinet out of my car. I found my bra and blouse. They had been wedged under the cabinet.

I spent day five of my vacation throwing stuff out. I have nine trash bags filled with linens that will be donated to charity. No one needs over fifty hand towels. The spare room that I use to store linens no longer has piles reaching the ceiling; it's down to about waist-level now. I can't get rid of all of it because I like to redecorate frequently and need all of those pillows, sofa covers, rugs, paintings and comforter sets to meet my need for change. What I need are racks, like what Costco has, to neatly store my things.

It is also much easier to get my station wagon in and out of the garage now. I broke off the passenger side mirror while backing out my car. It's harder to make lane changes now, but it is sure easier to fit my car in the garage. I wonder what that is going to cost.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 9/27/2007 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Mahala said...

*snort*
Thats sort of exteme just to have an easier time parking lol.

 
At 9/27/2007 06:02:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Extreme, yes, but almost worth it. :)

 
At 9/28/2007 03:26:00 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Thank you for this valuable post. I keep losing my pants. My favorite underpants and/or my favorite slacks. I tell my husband, "I can't find my pants". He thinks there is something wrong with me. This will help.

 
At 9/28/2007 03:35:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

It's good to know there are others with piles of stuff in the spare room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home