web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, March 27, 2009

So, So Tired

I am acutely aware of how little I have been blogging lately. There are a number of reasons. The main one is exhaustion. I have been sick for seven weeks now. It started out as the flu and just won't go away. Most of the people at work got it despite flu shots. It is a nasty bug and just hangs on. I still have a low grade fever and come home from work and go straight to bed. I used to do my blogging after coming home from work. Now, I just watch TV and go to sleep. This bug has to go away eventually. I'm waiting it out.

The stress of dealing with my parent's problems is also wearing away at me. My father keeps getting sicker and my mom keeps getting more forgetful and confused. I'm just worn out dealing with their issues.

Rather than have a bunch of whiny, miserable posts, I have been choosing to blog as little as possible. This is not a permanent situation. Once I'm better, I intend to fully return to the world of blogging. Thank you for your patience.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 3/27/2009 07:08:00 PM, Blogger Mahala said...

*hugs* girl. We'll be here :)

 
At 3/27/2009 07:36:00 PM, Blogger Surgeon In My Dreams said...

We are not only your friends in good times, we're here for the bad times as well....

 
At 3/29/2009 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Hi Melissa, Hope you get better soon. Wishing you the best with your parents. We worry about ours as well.

Seems like all bloggers, including myself, are slowing down. Maybe the whole blogging fad is starting to wane. Hope not, though.

If the weather ever warms up (still scraping ice off the windshield last week), perhaps we'll go do something worth blogging about.

 
At 4/03/2009 05:33:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home