web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Weekend Mystery

Richard and I were trying to find a day to go out and wonder of wonders, Richard is busy once again this coming weekend. Casually, I asked what he's doing this weekend, but he just quickly repeated that he was busy. This was at work, so I let it go.

As soon as I can talk to him privately, I'm going to pin him down. He has the right to date others. We're not exclusive, but I want to know what I'm dealing with. Whether or not I continue in this relationship depends upon who else I may be sharing him with.

He denies having a girlfriend or a wife. My feeling is that he does not want to lie, but he also doesn't want to quite tell me the whole truth. I suspect that there is another woman in his life and that he has some odd definition of girlfriend, that would exclude her from the definition of girlfriend. I'm familiar with that trick from past experiences with men.

If he doesn't have a girlfriend, then why would he be so evasive about how he spends his weekends? I doubt that he spends them dealing drugs, selling his body or stealing cars. What other shameful thing could be be doing that he feels he must hide from me?


~ Home

14 Comments:

At 1/23/2007 08:25:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Selling Amway?

 
At 1/24/2007 04:12:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOl @ Alan!

Follow him! I don't trust him one little bit.

 
At 1/24/2007 06:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

spending time with boyfriend? just kidding!

but seriously, i am with you. why the secret? man, what is he afraid of?

 
At 1/24/2007 10:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he has been taping episodes of House and likes to catch up on Saturday. You know, so he can brush up on his bedside manner.

 
At 1/24/2007 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, heh, if I sold Amway I would keep that a deep, dark secret too. Maybe that's it.

Michelle, it's tempting, but I don't care enough to spend a weekend in my car stalking him. Who has the time for that kind of stuff?

May, he must be afraid that I would dump him if I found out what he is doing. He may be right.

Connie, lmao, that is so funny.

 
At 1/24/2007 12:57:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Well, since he didn't just lie and make something up about what he's doing, that rules out him being a politician or a car salesman.

Maybe there's a conflict of interest between his position at your hospital and what he does on weekends. He could be doing liposuction on Hollywood celebrities during his days off. Does he know more about Oprah and Kirstie Alley than a typical man would know?

He could be sworn to secrecy. Maybe Saturday nights is when he drives to East LA and fixes up all the gunshot wounds after the gang fights.

Saturday night is polka night!

You know a relationship is in trouble when the woman doesn't care enough to bug his phone, search his drawers and follow him when he goes out. ;)

 
At 1/24/2007 06:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad news. Drop him before you get hurt. Quick!

 
At 1/24/2007 06:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you allowed to call him at home? If not, run!!!

 
At 1/24/2007 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

I have a bad feeling about it as well. He sounds married to me. I have had that happen twice to me and your story sounds all too familiar. It isn't pretty when the wife/girlfriend finds out he is a cheater...

 
At 1/25/2007 12:40:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, he did mention that he knows how to polka, not to mention ballet and tap. Maybe he's doing all kinds of weird dancing stuff. Great list by the way.

Karen, I'm going to remain wary and detached until I can solve the mystery. I can't just quit without finding what the hell is going on.

Anon, I don't have his home phone number. Uh oh. He does call me from his house and I can sometimes hear a woman in the background, but he says that its his mom. He takes care of her.

Madwag, I'm proceeding with caution. I will never be the other woman.

 
At 1/25/2007 05:52:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Maybe he is an undercover FBI agent and flies back to DC on the weekends. :)

 
At 1/25/2007 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

There was some Swartzeneger movie, I forget the title, where he did stuff like that and his wife didn't know he was a spy. You never know. :)

 
At 1/25/2007 12:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Arnold movie was called, "True Lies." Is Richard telling you any?

 
At 1/25/2007 12:25:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Rather than lie, he seems to just not be telling me anything. We'll see eventually what is going on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home