web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Coming Back To Life

It was a cold winter. Plants that I've grown for years and had no idea were tropicals, took a big hit. I've been waiting to see what will recover. The jade plants, one of which is pictured below, looked like a lost cause.




What a surprise to see that they are still alive. It's going to take awhile for them to return to looking attractive again, but things are looking up. Perhaps if I'm lucky, the ficus trees will come back to life too.


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 3/26/2007 06:20:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Some of my plans didn't make it through the winter. I guess it's time to add them to the compost pile.

 
At 3/26/2007 11:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad you didn't have a smudge pot sitting around. Who knew you even needed one in Southern CA?

 
At 3/26/2007 07:58:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I'm guessing CARB wouldn't care much for the smudge pots.

Out plants are starting to come back to life as well.

 
At 3/27/2007 10:38:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Check out the story about this golden retriever. I think you'll like it. :)

 
At 3/28/2007 12:42:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gary, I could sure use a compost pile.

Connie, I bet the neighbors would love it if I had a smudge pot. It would be just like the old days.

Alan, aren't all of your winters cold? Did your plants just go dormant?

Dave, that was a cute story. When my dogs knock me to the ground and jump on me, maybe they think I'm choking and are trying to help.

 
At 3/28/2007 07:38:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

ok, that dog's been watching a lot of tv.

 
At 3/29/2007 12:18:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, either that or the dog took a CPR class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home