web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Party Kumquats

The day shift had a birthday party and gave us the left-overs. I'm not complaining. It was nice of them to leave us anything, but the only thing left was kumquats and soda. All of the rice, pizza and cake were gone. (Don't you serve rice when you have pizza?)

I choked down a couple of kumquats while a coworker exclaimed, "We have kumquats and soda. We have everything we need." She was serious. It would take chocolate and beer for me to say that.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 3/21/2007 05:30:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Kumquats are a sore spot with me. I once had a kumquat tree which was killed by a twelve degree freeze. I still miss it.

 
At 3/21/2007 11:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to develop a taste for beer, but I just couldn't do it. I'm more of a wino. But if there's cake, I'm there.

 
At 3/22/2007 12:25:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gary, kumquat trees are pretty. It must have been awful to lose it.

Connie, wine makes me gag while beer goes down easy. I do agree with on the cake, though.

 
At 3/23/2007 04:02:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

I like kumquats, but I agree beer is much better.

 
At 3/23/2007 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, how many quats can you eat before you gag? :)

 
At 3/23/2007 07:34:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

A lot. I pop 'em down like candy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home