web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Stoplight



This stoplight suddenly appeared at work. Anyone want to guess why nurses need stoplights?


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 3/22/2007 06:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I hate that thing! We also have one on our unit. If you ask me, it disturbs the patients more then our talking. It does nothing to curb the noise level at our nurse’s station. It actually annoys the nurses and ads to the noise level. The alarm is constantly going off. I hate that because it always me feel like I am constantly walking on egg shells and stressed! If you hit the table top next to it the alarm will go off. Dumbest thing ever! I always have to explain what the noise is to patients, and that it isn't an important alarm.

 
At 3/22/2007 06:05:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

I can not believe that! This is what they use in classrooms to keep the noise level of the children down. I am a teacher's aide and saw this product for sale at a convention once. I thought at the time that if a teacher needed to use one of these to keep his/her class under control, then he/she was not good at disciplining the class. They treat you guys like school children with gold stars etc. and now this. You deserve more respect than this!

 
At 3/22/2007 07:48:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Anon, I guess we're lucky that the alarm is turned off. We just get too see blinking lights.

Irene, we are treated like chilren, but this time I don't mind so much. Some of the nurses talk so loud that it drives me crazy.

 
At 3/23/2007 04:00:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

I don't totally get what this thing is. Is it an alarm that makes more noise if the noise level is too high?

 
At 3/23/2007 11:08:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, it can make an audible alarm or just flash lights. A red light means that the decible level has been exceeded.

 
At 3/23/2007 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

hmmm.... if we had one at my work it would go off because of the stupid old bats that yell at the kids for being loud.... they out do them... I hate it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home