web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Form Over Function

We were given another test at work. We get these things all of the time and as usual, they made it easy on us. The manager handed each of us a scan-tron and told us which answers to fill in. We did as we were told. Surprise, surprise, we all got perfect scores. Management must be so proud.

I have no idea what we were tested on and didn't ask. It didn't really matter. So much of what we are required to do makes no sense. Why should this be any different?


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 3/29/2007 03:42:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

It's sad that they feel they have to cheat to get good results. I don't miss that kind of management.

 
At 3/30/2007 06:37:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

It's a good thing they didn't give everyone the wrong answers. :)

 
At 3/30/2007 07:31:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, my hunch is that they do need to cheat to get good results. English is not the first language of the majority of the nurses.

Gary, actually, I've seen that happen. We still passed, but I would have done better if I had legitimately taken the test.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home