web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

A New Mommy

It looks like it is official, I'm going to be a new mommy. My new kid is Amy and she is a tri-color, party cocker spaniel. She lives in a mansion in an exclusive area and like a lot of rich kids, suffers from bad behavior. She sometimes attacks her sibling, an ailing King Charles spaniel.

At my house, she will no longer be alpha dog and will be put in her place by my much bigger, but very sweet dogs. It will be a shock at first, but she will adjust and have a good, but less privileged life. Because she lives in a area populated by rattle snakes and coyotes, she has never been free to go outside off a lead. Now, she will have free run of a big yard, will learn to use a doggy door to go out whenever she wants, will have free run of my house and will sleep in my bed.

She won't be eating designer dog food anymore, but she will get a piece of chicken everyday. I'm not sure what to do about the fancy grooming she requires, but I will figure something out.

As soon as the transfer takes place, I will post pictures.


~ Home

11 Comments:

At 4/01/2007 04:49:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I can't wait to see the new doggie!

 
At 4/01/2007 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Congratulations. I have always liked cocker spaniels. I had one when I was a kid.

 
At 4/01/2007 11:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
I found you by way of Michelle. Sounds like we are going to have very much in common in a few days.
I am the owner of two cocker spaniels. One is a parti-color and the other is a tri-color. They are definitely my babies. I have always had cockers...just love the breed.

Can't wait to see your puppy pictures. Please pop over and see my girls when you get a chance.

Take care,
Connie

 
At 4/02/2007 01:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! i had a cocker when I was a teenager and miss her very much. The long show cuts are lovely, but not very pratcical unless you're showing, so we got a hair clipper and kept her coat buzzed short. That reduced grooming to a five minute massage with a brush a few times a week. She did develop problems with chronic ear infections because she liked to dive into the horse trough, submerging her head, but we started putting swimmers drops in her ears and that cleared it up. Other than the monthly butchering of her coat, she really didn't require that much maintenance. I would never, ever win any stylist awards, but I did have fun with it, trimmed her like a poodle, a lion, gave her zebra stripes of longer hair etc.

 
At 4/02/2007 04:10:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Congrats on the new doggie. Should provide lots of blog fodder.

 
At 4/02/2007 08:30:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Hey, look, another Connie! Any friend of Michelle's is a friend of ours. ;)

 
At 4/02/2007 10:20:00 AM, Blogger Marc said...

Congratulations. What a lucky dog! Mommy's going to be busy, busy, busy! Shopping?

here, here and here

 
At 4/02/2007 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Marc said...

And of course we have these

They can of course too, also double for the, uh, other dog in question ;-)

Have a nice day :-)

 
At 4/02/2007 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, whenever you have time, come visit and see the little girl.

Gary, if you had a cocker growing up, how did you end up with only a cat? :)

Connie, I'm glad that you visited my blog. I found your dog photos. Amy looks like your Ethel.

Enjay, you don't know what you may have started. Let's see how creative I can be with the clippers.

Alan, I hope that it is good blogging fodder that I get.

Dave, you need to set your Connie up with a photo or something so that I can see which Connie is writing. :)

Marc, I hope that she likes toys. The boys have no interest in toys, so they're not much fun to buy for.

 
At 4/02/2007 06:45:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

How exciting! My alpha dog is in the process of training a new puppy. I think it will work out well for you. I can't wait to see the pictures!

 
At 4/04/2007 10:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah for the new four-legged addition to the house! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home