web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Positive Touch



We have new gloves at work. They are much thinner than our old gloves. With the old gloves, my fingers rarely went through the gloves. Now, it happens just about every time I move a patient or change a diaper. I'm not exactly thrilled about getting blood and poop under my fingernails.

The name of the gloves is Positive Touch. I have to admit that is truth in advertising. Nothing has a more positive touch than bare fingers.

Since everything comes down to money, I figure we must have gotten these new gloves because they are cheaper. I have an idea for them to save even more money. We should stop wearing gloves entirely. The result would be the same as wearing the new gloves and it would save us the hassle of putting on gloves that become fingerless with normal use.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 4/02/2007 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

They are so simple minded. It is going to cost them double in the long run because now everyone is going to double glove.

 
At 4/02/2007 03:28:00 PM, Blogger Marc said...

Hmmmm......

 
At 4/02/2007 06:36:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I hope the manufacturer isn't using that same stuff for condoms. :)

 
At 4/02/2007 08:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is amazing, the management will do anything...

may
www.aboutanurse.com

 
At 4/03/2007 01:42:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

As Sarah said, double-gloving sounds good. In fact, if two is good, three is better, right? (Or is this the wrong post?)

Or just throw boxes of gloves away when nobody is looking and hope they re-order the good ones.

 
At 4/03/2007 08:08:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, much of what they do is penny wise and dollar foolish.

Marc, hmmm?

Gary, you are so funny. :)

May, they never cease to amaze me.

Dave, they but stuff in huge lots. It would probably take years to exhaust our supply. Maybe I should triple glove and encourage everyone to do the same.

 
At 4/06/2007 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Perhaps management should personally try a few prostate exams with these gloves.

 
At 4/07/2007 12:31:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

If management had to do what we do, there would be plenty of changes.

 
At 2/03/2011 05:29:00 AM, Blogger The Nerdy Nurse said...

Oh wow... that sucks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home