web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Helicopter Ride

Helicopter ride day was a good one. Here we are getting ready to take off.

Below is Molokai. Parts of Jurassic Park were filmed here. It has the tallest sea cliffs in the world, according to the pilot.

Molokai is known as the Friendly Island. It's not politically correct, but I think of it as the leper island. The old colony is still there, but people now live there strictly by choice. We did not fly over it.


Below is less rugged Maui. The waves break so far out and give such long rides, I can see why surfers like to surf there.


The last picture was taken after the ride. The pilot was conservative and did nothing especially scary, unlike some other pilots I have ridden with. Music accompanied the ride, but he didn't swoop or spin in time with the music, like others I've seen. That was fine. There was no need to go to bed afterwards to recover.


The only bad thing was that a DVD of the ride wasn't available. The equipment malfunctioned. It was such a short ride, it would have been nice to re-live it a few more times.






~ Home

4 Comments:

At 10/11/2007 05:05:00 PM, Blogger may said...

i have been silently looking at all the hawaii pictures and i'm jealous :)i will definitely go there someday!

looked like you had a lot of fun.

 
At 10/11/2007 06:25:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Looks like fun. A helicopter is one thing I haven't done yet. I always notice goofy little details in pictures. What's with the yellow bags in the last picture? Mini-parachutes?

 
At 10/12/2007 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

May, my coworkers tell me that the Philippines are like Hawaii. It's the same sort of climate.

Alan, those are life jackets in the unlikely event of a water landing. I think I would have preferred a parachute.

 
At 10/12/2007 12:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All gorgeous photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home