web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, October 08, 2007

The Movie Star Dress


One of the movie studios decided to do some housecleaning and get rid of some of its wardrobe. A sort of garage sale was held and my mom went. My mom bought this dress for me.

They refused to say who wore the dress or in what picture it was worn, which is kind of frustrating. I don't know if my dress was worn by an extra or a real gosh-darn movie star. I want to know!

It's a nice dress. A gold chain surrounds the neck, it is fully lined and has a full, short skirt that is good for twirling in. That is important in case you didn't know.

There is just one problem. It is a size 4 and I'm not. I can only take shallow breaths.

Oh well, I can suffer for the sake of beauty. But I would like to know the history behind the dress. Does it look familiar to anyone?


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 10/09/2007 06:17:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

well.... you look like a movie star wearing it...does that count?

 
At 10/11/2007 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

The sunglasses with an evening dress do help. :)

 
At 10/12/2007 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

It does look somewhat familiar. First thought was a Bond girl outfit. What studio was it from?

 
At 10/12/2007 05:31:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I think my mom said it was Universal, but I could be wrong.

 
At 11/21/2009 07:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home